Mouse tail intravenous injection holder platform, for tail vein injection in mice
Specification of tail vein injection platform
Available for mice: 15~50g
Overall dimensions: 210×120×230mm
Net weight: 600g
Operation manual of tail vein injection holder
- Assembly of the holder
- Holder and platform
- Use the two screws provided on the holder to connect the bracket holder to the base platform.
- Holder and mouse tube
- Insert the mouse tube into the dovetail groove on the bracket holding, then tighten the fastening screws underneath it
- Adjustment of the fixing bracket.
- Remove the end cover and front plug of the tube.
- Put the empty mouse tube on the platform levelly.
- Lift the mouse tail and let itself climb into the mouse fixing tube from the rear
- Put on the front plug, then the mouse tail is out from the fixing tube’s back, screw on the rear cover.
- Slide the front pin to offer the mouse a comfortable space.
- Stuff the front end of the mouse tube if the mouse is too small.
- Mouse tube position adjustment
- The dovetail slot can slide the mouse tube to adapt different lengths of mouse tails.
- Tighten the screw after fixing the mouse tube.
- Adjusting the position of the spacer
- The mouse tail spacer can be adjusted left and right by the fastening screw under the spacer to ensure that the mouse tail is in the center position. Change to another screw hole if the spacer and the groove can not appropriately adjust the tail.
- After the mouse is in the operation position, turn the tail 90° and fix it with the spacer, then use a 5# needle to inject the medicine a little bit. If there is no resistance means the needle is in the vein.
- Make sure the tail is no swing during the injection. If the injection is a long-term procedure, start the injection point 2-3mm from the tail end, this could make vessels clear from the tail end to the front.
Maintenance and cautions
- The fixing tube is made of plexiglass, which is fragile. Make sure no collision when using the mouse fixing tube. If there are minor damages, trichloromethane can be used to fix them.
- Clean the tube with conventional detergent, do not use organic solvents, such as ethanol, ether, etc.
- Clean the intravenous injection holder platform in time if any liquid or blood is dripping on it when injecting or sampling blood.
It is known that mice’s tail vein injection requires practice and patience. The operators may be upset if they can not implement the injection several times.
Why mouse tail intravenous injection is hard to master
- How to fix the mouse and tail is the critical point.
- If the mouse tail has enough blood flow.
- The direction of the injecting needle.
If you can overcome the above three difficulties, then the injection will become an easy task.
Magnifier visual tail intravenous injection platform
The visual mouse tail vein injection holder can help to solve the above problems of the injection.
- The fixing tube holder can fix the mouse fast, comfort the mouse and make sure it is not moving forward or backward during the injection.
- Use special light to illuminate the tail of the mouse to make the blood vessels visible.
- Take advantage of the visual device, and the needlepoint is easy to be targeted.
- To check if the needle is in the blood vessel or not, move the needle a little bit; if the blood vessel follows the movement means the syringe is in the vein.
- After you have experienced such operations several times, you can take the injection without the help of the visual light device.
The handy injection platform can help you to master the tail vein injection method easier.
It is a new principle and a milestone method to do the injection in the mouse’s tail vein.
Specification of the platform
- 0.5W led light
- 5.0X magnifier
- Foot switch
- Input: AC100-200V
- Output: DC 12V 1A/2A
- Size: 220*140*125cm
- Net weight 1.8kg
Instructions of the visual tail injection holder
- The conventional method of fixing the mouse is letting the mouse climb into the tube. After several injections, the mouse may not climb into it because of the narrowing and uncomfortable experience. Instead of the old method, we improve the mouse fixing tube to a fast type that can quickly fix the mouse.
- The mouse can be pulled into the tube by the operator, use the front plug to fix the mouse’s head, then the mouse can not roll in the mouse tube. The specially designed plug will not affect the mouse’s breathing and can spare enough room for the mouse. The plug’s fixing position should be based on the principle of no free movement of the mouse and without affecting the mouse’s lungs’ expansion (observe the mouse through the transparent plexiglass and adjust the front plug accordingly).
- Put the tube with the fixed mouse on the holding platform, let the mouse tail pass through the end cover, and then press the mouse tail in the platform’s groove.
- Turn on the light switch and observe whether the blood vessels in the mouse tail are straight. Adjust the brightness of the yellow light and make sure the blood vessels are clear to see via the light’s help.
- The high brightness of the environment will affect the blood vessels’ appearance, so it is recommended to put the operation in a darker room.
- Adjustment of injection position: The operator should start no matter the mouse’s size, the needlepoint from 2-3mm from the end of the tail to avoid the needle’s leakage. Due to tail lengths are different, so points of the injection need to be adjusted accordingly.
- Injection: The needle used for injection should be smaller than the 5# needle, 4.5# and 4# are both suitable. 5# and above needles may cause more significant wounds, which are not easy to stop bleeding. A scalp needle connected with a 1ml syringe is available as well; the purpose is to see whether the syringe is in the blood vessel. No matter what type of needle is used, it is vital to know the blood vessel’s location so that the injection could be easy. The best way to check if the syringe is entering the blood vessel or not is slightly swing the needle to see if it move together with the blood vessel.
Packing list of the visual mouse tail vein injection platform
|Visual vein platform||1|
|AC100-220V 50Hz power adapter||1|
|220V power cord||1|
|Mouse holder tube||1|